Today we are joined by Alia Ott, an investor out of the West Coast, in a real estate niche we at the Business Shorts Podcast have always been curious about – self storage. Alia is really passionate about teaching others how to invest and work towards financial freedom, and her company, Investors In Action, has been able to guide a lot of people investing in this niche. It’s time to learn more about this unique niche in the real investing world.
In this episode, you will learn about:
- What makes self storage units so attractive
- Typical cap rates currently found in the self storage industry
- What types of down payments you may expect for self storage facilities
- In what cases banks will offer financing
- Best places to search for high potential self storage units
- Biggest risks in the business
- Why pricing your units correctly is extremely important
- Best advice: Get educated! Learn as much as you can to give yourself an advantage.
- Best resource: selfstorage.org; insideselfstorage.com
Find more about Alia and her business at her website.