Our goal at the B Shorts Podcast is to help you find your business. Below are some of the resources we recommend for entrepreneurs. You won’t find anything on here that we don’t have first hand experience in ourselves.
Books (in no particular order)
- 4 Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss – eliminate, simplify, automate, delegate
- Lean Startup by Eric Ries – geared towards startups and taught in entrepreneurship MBA classes all over the country
- The One Thing by Gary Keller – very eye opening; it will help with focus and goal setting, two critical components of entrepreneurial success
Podcasts (in no particular order)
- Side Hustle Show with Nick Loper – Nick brings on amazing guests and puts out phenomenal content
- My Wife Quit her Job with Steve Chou – Steve started with a Stanford engineering degree, and has created a very successful career in e-commerce
- Shopify Masters by Shopify
Uncle Sam likes entrepreneurs. If you are looking for small business funding, the first place to start is at the U.S. Small Business Administration. They will partially fund almost anything so start here first.
Real Estate Investing
We can’t claim to be experts, but we know real estate. From the time we (poorly) rehabbed a mobile home in Colorado and (successfully) rented it, to the time Sebastian pushed back his retirement date by about a year due to a failed fix and flip. If you are interested in real estate, stay clear of the “gurus”. Start at Bigger Pockets.